It’s that time of year–comfort food! I love using a crock pot for meals because you can fix it and forget it. It’s so easy! This is what’s for dinner tonight at our house.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 (2 -2 1/2 lb) skinless boneless turkey breasts, halves
- 2 (12 ounce) jars roasted turkey gravy
- 1/3 cup dry sherry or 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1 (6 ounce) package one-step seasoned turkey stuffing mix
- Hand full of almonds (optional)
Spray 3 1/2-4 quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place onion and celery in slow cooker. Top with turkey breast half. Pour 1 jar of gravy and sherry over top. Top with dry stuffing.
Cover; cook on low setting for 6 to 7 hours.
About 15 minutes before serving, remove turkey from slow cooker; place on cutting board. Stir stuffing and cooking juices until mixed. Cover; let stand 10 minutes. Heat remaining jar of gravy in small saucepan. Cut turkey into slices. Serve turkey and stuffing with gravy.
P.S. Here is my favorite classic green salad dressing recipe, which would be a perfect pairing for this meal.