This is a fun and super easy recipe to whip together at the last minute. Kids and adults will love it!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box or use Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry as seen in picture above.
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 4 cups mixed fresh berries (such as sliced strawberries, blackberries and/or blueberries)
- ¼ to 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Whip Cream for dipping fun, but not needed
1. Heat oven to 450°F. Line cookie sheet with foil. Remove crust from pouch; place crust flat on work surface. If necessary, press out folds or creases. With 3 1/2-inch star-shaped cookie cutter, cut 9 stars from pie crust; place stars on cookie sheet.
2. In small bowl, mix 2 teaspoons sugar and cardamom. Lightly brush tops of stars with water; sprinkle with sugar mixture.
3. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from cookie sheet; cool on wire rack about 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, gently mix berries, 1/4 to 1/3 cup sugar and the orange juice. To serve, divide berry mixture evenly onto dessert plates. Top each with pastry star.
Happy 4th of July weekend from our family to yours!