Delicious Blueberry Muffin Recipe (Eggless)

These blueberry muffins are melt-in-your mouth delicious! Next time I’m going to try the recipe half blueberries and half raspberries and see how that works out. Good luck eating just one!

2 cups plus 1 teaspoon of unbleached all-purpose flour

Toppings:

3 tablespoons brown sugar

1 tablespoon butter at room temperature

¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon

¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg

1/3 cup walnuts, finely chopped

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly butter muffin cups.

2. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, lemon peel and juice, milk, and applesauce; mix thoroughly.

3. In a small bowl, toss blueberries with 1 teaspoon flour just to coat (this prevents them from sinking), then fold them into batter gently. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling half full. Set aside.

4. To Prepare Topping: In a separate small bowl, with a fork, stir sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, and nuts until crumbly. Spoon evenly on each muffin before baking.

5. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm or room temperature.

Enjoy!

I found this recipe in Bakin’ Without Eggs, by Rosemarie Emro.

1. whatsaysyou
    Jun 10, 2011 @ 05:50:53

I want one of those muffins and have it with a glass of milk :)

2. Justin
    Jun 10, 2011 @ 10:37:34

Blueberries are my favorite fruit! Can’t wait to try these! :)

3. Deanna
    Jun 11, 2011 @ 12:34:28

Do you have the high altitude modifications for these? I live in Denver. They look delicious!

Jun 11, 2011 @ 15:45:08

Hi Deanna,

I found the below information at http://www.pillsburybaking.com/bakers_corner/high_altitude_baking.aspx.

“Biscuits and Muffins
    Biscuits and muffins are more stable than cakes and need little adjustment at high altitudes. If you feel it is necessary, experiment by slightly reducing the sugar and baking powder and increasing the liquid.”

Please let me know if it works. I’m curious…
    I hope that helps.

Thank you for writing in!

5. Martha
    Jun 14, 2011 @ 14:25:23

These look great. I’m always on the lookout for egg free recipes since my stepson is allergic. He loves blueberry muffins so will plan on giving this a try soon. I’ve had good luck replacing eggs with a mixture of ground flaxseed and water too. Thanks!

6. Carla Rinker
    Jun 16, 2011 @ 10:07:23

I am eating one of these warm, tasty muffins right now and had to share that they are FABULOUS!!!

Jun 16, 2011 @ 14:43:52

Hi Carla,

I’m so glad you like the muffins! Tomorrow I’m posting my three all-time favorite marinades for chicken, flank steak, and trip tip–if you are interested!

7. Trackback: SMART MUFFINS RECIPE | Tuning Labs
  8. T.
    Feb 08, 2012 @ 15:16:12

Just made this recipe. Ironically I own Emro’s book but found the recipe on your page, go figure. They turned out nicely. I reduced the topping slightly and what’s great is they’re not overly sugary – they’re perfect & release from the muffin cups beautifully, thank you.