Beauty Espresso {part 1} by Nikki Yazxhi

If you’re like me {or any mom, in fact} you don’t get as much sleep as you would like {or need}. Sound familiar? Never fear! After years of researching beauty stories, I’ve come up with a few super-simple and quick tips to keep you looking and feeling gorgeous {no matter how sleep deprived you are}! Read on and recharge… by bellaMUMMA

Re-energize Your Skin

RUB YOURSELF RADIANT: Exfoliate your skin in the shower to remove the tired outer layer of skin and reveal newer, fresher skin. Smooth on your exfoliator in little circles for at least one minute to re-energise your skin and get the blood flowing.

MAX-UP THE MOISTURE: Tired skin is dry skin crying out for moisture. When you’re over-tired and your face looks dull, you need to max-up your moisturiser to revive the skin. Choose a richer formulation and don’t forget to apply plenty of eye cream.

BAG MORNING AFTER EYES: To reduce redness and swelling around your eyes after a sleep-deprived night… soak cotton balls in cold milk, squeeze out excess, and place over closed eyelids for 5-10 minutes.

Recharge Your Body

SCRUB UP: Invigorate your whole body with a pre-shower scrub made from dampened sea salt. Add a few drops of your favourite essential oils to leave your skin super-soft and smelling great.

SHOWER POWER: Just before taking a shower, sprinkle a few drops of essential oils into the bottom of your shower, close the door, run the hot water and inhale. * For a morning-after mood-boost – try a reviving blast of rosemary with a few steadying drops of lavender. * To re-refresh and revitalise - try a few drops each of rose and geranium to gently balance out your energy levels.

WATER CONTROL: While in the shower alternate blasts of hot and cold water to pep up your circulation and boost your energy levels.

{NEXT TIME: SUPER-QUICK MAKE-UP & HAIR TIPS}

nikki yazxhi

beauty + lifestyle WRITER / blog EDITOR

www.bellamumma.com

find me on:

FACEBOOK  and  TWITTER

1. 1 Funky Woman
    Jan 27, 2011 @ 05:07:26

Great tips! I never thought of doing the oils in the shower, but sounds wonderful! Now if only the kids could get on that dam bus so I could savor some alone time!

Megan

2. Angela
    Jan 27, 2011 @ 10:49:01

I love your tips, Nikki! I’m going to try essential oils in the shower!! THANKS!! xx

Jan 27, 2011 @ 14:10:28

Hi Nikki,

Dana-Marie, the creator of Conversations, Pink Cocktails, & Confetti! (Women talk & celebrate SELF!), wrote in with this question, “Ok so I’m interested in SCRUB UP: Invigorate your whole body with a pre-shower scrub made from dampened sea salt<<any recommendations for dampened sea salt? x&O"

Do you have any recommendations?
    Thanks! :)

4. bellaMUMMA
    Jan 27, 2011 @ 14:41:35

You can use sea salt that you buy from the grocery store – and then dampen it with a little water – or one of your favorite oils for extra benefits.
    The dampening is just to help with application and stop the mess factor!
    Saying that, it’s best to do standing in the shower or bath!
    X

5. josephinetalepeddler
    Jan 27, 2011 @ 15:42:43

I also love Lemongrass essential oil to get me moving. Great to see you here, Nikki. xx

6. Dana-Marie
    Jan 27, 2011 @ 16:43:40

Hi Nikki! WOW! I love it! Who knew!!!! Thanks for the great tip! I will be sure to try it! This is a great page! I’m so happy for Elizabeth and all the Contributors. Congrats! x&O

7. Predictable Me
    Jan 31, 2011 @ 20:14:58

Im following.
    Please visit me and follow back at http://grandmasamazingjourney.blogspot.com